Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Coopers KI Cup

The title of this blog will mean nothing to most of you. For me it was my first real taste of corporate hospitality down under. Let me start with the title. Coopers is THE best South Australian family owned Brewery. I have found their Coopers Pale Ale to be my favorite beer over here.

KI stands for Kangaroo Island - famous for its beaches, unspoilt scenery and abundant animal life. Put the two together and you have a festival of horse racing and excellent entertainment. We were picked up in the city by coach and then caught a ferry over to KI. There were 6 races in all and we were hosted by Sealink in their own hospitality tent, with beer, wine or fizzy on tap all day. Needless to say I was down on the betting front, but way ahead in the beer stakes. Met many new trade contacts and had a great day all round. My thanks to great hosts Sealink. Must be an offshoot of the old English Sealink ferry company I used to work with years ago


I travelled with the Directors PA Dee who knew the format and had arranged for us to fly home in a 30 seater plane, just 20 mins rather than the coach, ferry, coach return of circa 3 hours. We just took in one day but the whole racing festival was over 4 days with street parties and live bands. Maybe next year eh!

No comments: