Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The first Interstate business trip

Might not mean much to many of you out there, but just passed another milestone in our Aus adventure. Last Thursday and Friday I was in Sydney for meetings on behalf of my new firm Phil Hoffman Travel. It was great not the least because I got to spend quality time with both Phil Hoffmann and Pete Williams my 2 bosses. Great to get to know them a little better and for them to see me in action in business meetings with key suppliers in Sydney. Of course I've only spent any previous time in Sydney as a tourist, so good to see another side of life in the big smoke.

It actually re-inforced our decision to settle in Adelaide. It took ages to get anywhere by car and you can see how much life would cost to live in decent areas here. Everybody was very welcoming, and it was lovely to have dinner with Phil down in the Rocks overlooking the harbour bridge and and the Opera House. We stayed in a central 3 bedded apartment hotel and had several good meetings with Cruise suppliers, Group Tour Operators and our own in-house wholesale operation which runs out of a Sydney suburb.

No comments: