Friday, June 12, 2009

Give me a moment to reflect

Forgot to mention in the last blog another reason for me in particular feeling a little down amongst the other things mentioned was the annual Golf Trip by the boys back home to a European venue. This year they ended up in Cascais in Portugal on the Lisbon Coast. I would in normal circumstances have been the first named on the list, paid up and desperate for the first day to arrive.

This year I had to make do with a quick phone call to the boys in the sun in Portugal, as they sat around a sun drenched bar after a good lunch and a full mornings round of golf. Boy did I miss not being there with them. It was great to catch up, but also made me very sad afterward knowing how much I miss them all, and how much I would have loved to have been there with them. Supposedly in this picture, my old mate John Turner 2nd in from the right is on the phone to me in Oz. Skype is great....

Today I got the EBOG newsletter talking about the Golf Season in full swing talking about the day out at Trent Park, not massive I know, but I miss the banter and 'iss taking. Also today have been struck off the list at Brookmans Park GC after some 36 years of membership as I don't see the point keeping up the membership from afar. Another sad moment, at least I got my name on the board in my last year before leaving. The Brazier name forever indented on the winners board at my old club.

Apologies but allow me a little melancholy once in awhile. I was told the first 2 years was always going to be the toughest part.

No comments: