Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Football Season is apon us and that glorious Ashes win

As we come to the end of the school under 9 season I have 2 momentous occasions to harp on about. We had a superb festival of football under lights last Monday night after school. As coach of the Blackwood Under 9's, we had a great evening of fast and furious football, on a glistening wet pitch, football the way it was always meant to be played. I haven't been so excited since Gascoigne's screamer against the Arse at Wembley in '91, when my boy Jamie stepped up in the final minute of the last game and slotted the winner. The coach was to be seen doing a David Pleat and Barry Fry jig all down the far side of the ground....Happy days indeed.

Then in the final league game of the season, we only went and tonked the opposition 4-0 with Jamie again on the score sheet. Having lost the previous few games 6-2, 5-0 and 4-0. The Coach through misty eyes milking it all...

As I write this the cockerel is definitely crowing. We sit top of the league with 3 straight wins. I even missed 2 hours of the famous Ashes win as Spurs were on at the same time. messages rained in from all over the globe (well England and Indonesia anyway - thanks Jonny Elliott). Boothers I even got to say hi to his new girlfriend Ravi.

Of course I had a terrible time going to work the next day with a big grin on my face. I had to say absolutely nothing. The Aussies just know when they have been beaten by a better side (not).

No comments: