Monday, October 5, 2009

City to Bay 12k and bloody nipples

Well I'm glad to say, I managed to run the whole way, but not in much of a time. Well by the time I got through the start line 1000's had already started. Hence the 7500 who finished ahead of me. Also have to admit to some surprise when I read in the paper that 75 people had actually walked it quicker than I had run it...

At the end I was asking a lady where to pick up the kit bags. She looked me up and down in amazement. It was only when she'd gone I noticed I had 2 great bloody patches around both of my nipples. Not very cool I can tell you. I did say I was not built for running, this proves it...

It hasn't stopped my enthusiasm for the charity raising Trailblazer challenge which is actually next weekend. A 34k hike, starting in the city and ending in the Adelaide Hills. Next year I'll attempt the 50k, and the year after the 100k (not). Some people actually run the whole 100k, amazing. Sadly no-one from the UK has sponsored me yet, other than my Dad. Ah well, out of sight...

Oh yeah news on the new house. We should be moving in on the 21st Oct - can't wait.

No comments: