Thursday, January 21, 2010

World Team Tennis and Skal

Had a very nice invite from the local rag "The Advertiser" to attend the above event last week. A few drinks and nibbles followed by great seats to watch the main event. John McEnroe, Pat Rafter, Pat Cash and Henri Leconte were representing the Legends and current players were Ginepri, Tomic, Simon and Stepanek. Singles followed by doubles. Excellent fun - Leconte was great as was wild card Mansour Bahrami who astounded with an array of trick shots. Mine are never meant... McEnroe on court as intense as ever but when interviewed in the pre event function showed great humour. I think he's great. At the end there were 6 palyers on court at the same time keeping 3 balls going and wowing the crowd with their skill.

Skal Club Adelaide
This was my second meeting of this travel Trade networking club. I was inducted at this function held at the Henley Beach Sailing club to a backdrop of an amazing sunset. I'd left my camera in the car so didn't record it. It was stunning. I used to be in the Skal Club of London in the 80's, so a bit of full circle here. It will be a great way to meet new Travel Trade contacts over here and build up some new friendships. Went along with my new boss Phil Hoffmann, who is a real trade icon over here. He has also rejoined being too busy in recent years to attend.    

Am going on  Saturday to the 20/20 final featuring the Adelaide Redbacks and the Victoria Bushrangers. Jamie boy is coming with me. Should be a great evening, full of big hitting, incident and beer.

No comments: